Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sperm Wails

I was going through a stack of my 7" when I came across this little gem, at first I thought "oh crap its just a cover, how did I lose a sperm wails single!" then I remembered it was a flexi....the blighter hugged the turntable pretty well but I stacked some coins on it anyway just for old times sake.
I love this song, something of a personal  anthem for me and many others of my generation too I guess.......

Sperm Wails : Old Rockers


So, Ladies and gentlemen, I want you to pause a moment, and spend a quite period  of contemplation : considering the enduring legacy , the majesty, the divine genius that was the Sperm Wails...
This is one is off a later 12"....
Boy Hairdresser - The Sperm Wails

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Rob and I had the dubious pleasure of being the singer in the Sperm Wails. I'm always flattered, grateful and a bit surprised when people remember us. I guess we were a good little and it was lots of fun...though I guess we didn't appreciate it at the time. I'm still playing music...my main band is Chester who play pop/punk type stuff, but I'm also singing in a band called Blowhole with Nick from the Sperm Wails. We play a few old Wails "classics" live so we're keeping the spirit alive!

    cheers

    Rob X-Wail

    ReplyDelete