Sunday, November 21, 2010

Virgin Prunes

Guggi @ Ace Brixton
Im pretty sure this is Chris' tape and I have no idea how it came into my posession, its a live set from Brighton in 1981, and I can easily picture  him clutching that old school cassette recording brick to his chest as the chaos unfolded around him.
Theres a couple of tracks from the headline band (the Fall) and that places it as 21st October at the Regency.
I didnt go to this show, only time I saw them was at the Ace when they supported the Birthday Party and were filmed for the TV(thats where the photo is from). That performance was fairly staid so I never saw the confrontational and charged theatrics that made their name and maybe because of that didnt really accord them the same reverence as my peers at the time.


Virgin Prunes

Set from the Virgin Prunes, Brighton 21/10/81 (24mb mp3)




No comments:

Post a Comment