Tuesday, August 24, 2010

March Violets

This bunch were from Leeds and with their drum machine and doomy grave-digger schtick (later to be known as Goth) its hard to believe the sisters of mercy didnt borrow a lot from them.
I remember the singers looked a bit odd: a "big boned" guy with a beard and a skinny biker chick - but the dual vocals were brilliant - and this is an awesome set with all their hits from Colchester Uni (supporting  Danse Society)  .
I loved Crow Baby and I got my brother to paint a copy of the cover art onto an old tee-shirt which I fixed to the back of my leather jacket....(another one to file under "dik: fashion atrocities"...)

March Violets - Crow Baby
What the heck happened to this band? : they became the original Crack whores of Prostituting your art!!! Check this out as an lesson in just how how low you can take a good brand : Saturday Superstore ......

Colchester University (19th Nov 1983)
Side1:
Walk Into The Sun
1-2 I Love You
Grooving In Green
Crow Baby
So Hot
Kill If You Like


Side2:
Miracle Of The Rose
Snakedance
Listen





No comments:

Post a Comment